The American Camp Association Camp Directory for Southern California can be found on line at www.acasocal.org Use the “Find a Camp” feature to narrow down your search for a camp for your child. You can search by camps close to your zip code and those with special programs like riding or sports camps.
Use the Parents link to access information and other helpful tools at www.campparents.org CampParents.org is a comprehensive camp resource for families—offering expert advice from camp professionals on camp selection, readiness, child and youth development, and issues of importance to families.
In this video, Ready for Camp: Sharing Personal Information About Your Child With Camp Professionals, Bob Ditter speaks directly to parents about the importance of honest communication with camps. He covers:
- Strengthening the partnership between parents and camp professionals
- Taking steps to make the adjustment to camp as smooth and successful as possible
- Campers on medication at camp, and why it's important to share medication information
- Children with ADHD at camp
- Working with your physician and camp for the best outcome
A Spanish version of camp parent information can be found at www.campparents.org/spa/ and you can change the language for our website by selecting the language you prefer on the right upper corner of the page.
REI offers a series of classes and programs to get children outdoors and become conscious of protecting the environment. Check out their website for more information: http://www.rei.com