1. Keep to your budget. Ask the manager before renting a self storage companies unit. You can then factor that in to your budget. If the asking price is reasonable, the manager will write it down.
2. Rents due. Ask the manager when the rent is due. Find out what options you have for paying the rent. Some self storage facilities allow you to pay online or prepare months in advance. Choose a schedule that suits you best and follow it.
3. Self storage facilities don’t cause storms. If you’re storing your belongings in Denver self storage and are local, make sure to check in on the storage facility after a severe storm. Water damage is not covered by self-storage facilities. If you have the opportunity to take some time off your busy schedule to check in on your belongings following a large storm, it could be a great way to save money.
4. Access. How often will you access your self-storage unit. This will help determine the size of self storage unit to rent. Renting a larger self storage unit is recommended if you are likely to use it often. Accessing your facility will require extra space so that you can move around without any damage to your belongings. If you aren’t going to be using the self storage unit frequently, the manager can recommend the best size unit for your belongings. You might consider renting a self-storage unit smaller if your knowledge of how to properly pack and place the storage unit is sufficient. Place the items you plan to use immediately near the front. Even though you may not have the space to move around your storage unit, renting a smaller unit can help you save money month-to-month.
5. Hidden fees. Hidden fees. Before you sign your lease, inquire about the deposit cost, if any, and any hidden fees that may be added to your bill.
6. Need a truck to move? A manager may be able help you find a rental truck or someone who can provide a recommendation if you do not have access to one. If you are renting a truck from a self storage facility, you might ask about any perks and fees.
7. Insurance. Insurance. You need to insure the items you store.
8. Make sure to pack well. Pack smart.
9. Lock down. Ask your self storage facility manager for information about the security features the facility offers their customers. You can then go to the store to buy a lock which cannot be cut using bolt cutters. If you have any questions about where to get one or how to choose one, you can always ask the manager.
10. Take a look for yourself. Denver self storage facilities are open for inspection. Take the time to tour the facility. Ask the self storage facility manager whether they live on-site so they can keep an ear on your belongings round the clock.